Some Activities to Stimulate the Brain
1. Caring for another - I'm a big fan of pets, dogs especially, they need us to stay sharp for them, remember to feed and walk them which is great for mind and body!!
2. Try a new recipe
3. Jigsaw puzzles, crossword and games like chess and checkers or any card game
4. Exercise - studies have shown exercise helps lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease - yoga and walking are my favs!
5. Eat a healthy diet, go organic, stop eating foods from a box or can and discover the fruit/veggie area of the store
6. Have a social life - conversation takes brain power
7. Take up a hobby or learn a craft like knitting, crochet or sewing.
8. Learn a musical instrument
9. Meditate and try to NOT think for a while, it's harder than you think
10. Learn a language
11. Garden and piddle around in your yard
12. Read a book on a topic you've always wanted to know more about
13. Learn to dance - good for mind AND body - love those!
14. Golf, it's so much more of a mental workout than physical - although if you walk, you'll get a great physical workout too!
15. Teach or mentor others, maybe you can teach a skill to someone and they can reciprocate by teaching you something
16. Become a volunteer or get a part-time job
17. Travel, you're literally surrounded with new things to see and do
18. Start a website to share great info with others - just like your humble host.