• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 t. lemon juice (If you don’t want it as tangy, you can go easy on the lemon juice and vinegar)
• 2 T. White Wine Vinegar
• ½ t. Dry Mustard
• 1 t. Salt
• 1 c. Oil (Per the above I love my roasted walnut oil, but you can really use any healthy oil you prefer)
1. Separate yolk from white and pop the yolk into the food processor, save the white for another use.
2. Pulse the food processor for 3-5 seconds to whip the egg.
3. Add vinegar, lemon juice and dry ingredients and pulse for 5 seconds to blend.
4. With the plunger NOT in place turn on the processor and add 2-3 drops of oil, let that mix for about 10 seconds.
5. Put the plunger back in and add the oil, it will drizzle in and you’ll see your mayo congealing.
6. Once all the oil has been added, open the processor and carefully lift the blade and scrape whatever was caught beneath the blade and mix it back the mayo.
7. Cover and blend again for about another minute.
8. Transfer from the processor to a glass jar, refrigerate for an hour or so for best flavor and consistency.
Makes approximately 1 cup